Great activity for all ages. Made by an adult they are great for infants and toddlers. In fact these are some of our daughter’s favorite toys. Preschool children each part of this project with supervision.
Here’s what you will need.
- Empty Water Bottles
- Food Coloring
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Food Storage Bags
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Baking Tray
- Wax Paper
- Glue (optional)
Step One: Empty the water bottle.
Step Two: Color the Rice
- Put 2 teaspoons of Rubbing Alcohol in each bag (one bag per color)
- Add 5 to 10 drops of food coloring per bag.
- To each bag add 1/2 cup of rice.
- Shake until well coated.
- Remove from bag onto wax paper lined bakin g tray and let dry.
Step three: Assemble
- Pour rice into each bottle (one color per bottle or multi-colored)
- Replace the lid.
- We squeezed the bottles some before gluing on the lids. This makes the bottle crinkle better.
- You can make a funnel with a scrap piece of paper to aid in filling the bottle.